Dave from Pennsylvania

Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Past

I'm going to post some pictures that I just ran across of the night I first met Pete Townshend. This is at the La Jolla Playhouse Benefit event in June 2001. I had meet and greet tickets for both nights' shows. They cost a fortune but were worth every penny/pound/grand. I recall having terrible gastronomical discomfort on Friday night from a seafood Caesar salad at Planet Hollywood in San Diego. I have not been back to a Planet Hollywood or had a seafood Caesar salad anywhere since then. On Saturday, it was so very crowded backstage, and I did not push to the front of the meet and greet area. I was the last person Pete talked to on the way out, and I just asked if I could give him a hug. I told him I loved him (in a manly fan like way) and off he went. The rest of my history with Pete stems from my courage and financial abandon to make this trip. I met friends in La Jolla that I still see every few years. I have video tape of my mother and father and daughters from this trip and now that my mom has passed, the trip was invaluable to my life. Long live rock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home